Sunday, March 23, 2008

ironman simulation....done!

today was another big day!

i was in the pool at 8am to swim a 3km straight... or almost! got on the bike for 6h 200km+ ride with a lot of race pace and riding in the flat and wind!!!!! I suffer a lot today and had to really stay focus on turning these freaking pedals!!! I was very lucky to have my good training partner sergio that setted a strong pace for most of the ride and helped me push myself.... i dont think i would have rode the same way alone......

and finaly out for a 40ish minutes run of the bike with 30 minutes of very fast tempo running well above my expected marathon pace..... i was surprise to run this well after trashing myself on the bike!

Well, the day started at 8am and i was lying on the floor of the appartement completly wasted after the transition run at 16:07pm..... so 8h+ hours of training with a lot of fast stuff.....i m very tired and really dig deep today but that is paulo's program so i better just get use to it..... getting the work done.

And for everyone that as been asking... no, i m not in taper tomorow, i have another 7 solid day of training and then a taper that is still nowhere near a vacation but still a lot of hard work.... paulo promised me i will have a easy day on april 14th......

thank sergio for the ride! SON OF A GUN!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

anningerwarrior said...

who is the girl with you and vroomen in the wind-tunnel?? christiane soeder? greetz to my friend sergio!

jonnyo said...

yep ... it s christiane!