Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Track revisisted


Well, i havent been on the track for about 4 years. It s just not the most fun place to run for me....

well, today, i had a insane amount of 800m repeat to do and as i try to figure out what was really insane, i decided to add a few more 800s to warm up and cool down, it end up been 21 miles of running on the morning interval run! Jump right into a hot bath to make sure my legs would not warm down too quickly.... and had some good food and a nap before heading out again for a 40 minutes run at night. Total today is a bit over 26 miles...yes, i got a marathon in me today!

The last few days have been solid also like the last few weeks and i m having a lot of fun getting the work done.

I m heading home tomorow morning to be with my family for a full week. I got my bike packed in such a small box so i wont hopefully have to pay the 100$ fee for a bike on the plane....My coach felt pretty generous on this holiday time and offered me a shit load of workout for me to do on the trainer and lots of snowy run!!! Should be a fun challenge!

time for bed....early swim tomorow with danny before catching my flight to winter wonderland!

4 comments:

Al said...

Geez how many intervals did you do to get 20 or so miles? Now that's a killer winter workout..

IronBarista said...

Awesome to hear you have things rolling again!

Erk said...

Aren't you worried that those 800 repeats will ruin your base building?

jonnyo said...

Al....you do the math! Erik, humm well, sad that there is still coaches that beleive in stuff like building base and doing slow stuff at this time of the year....

building aerobic base is done 12 months a year and the worst way to do so is by going slow all the time!!! 800s...when done in cupious amount are a very good way to get you fit and fast! that is BASE!